Monday, January 11, 2010

"Bringing you up to speed"

Isn't that a funny saying? As I typed that I thought, do they really want to be "up to my speed?" Cause it feels like time is absolutely flying by - I feel like 2010 got here and I am at warp speed, cheeks all pulled back like you see in the movies. Though you couldn't tell it by looking at my life day to day. But when I get ready to "go to sleep" at night (I put that in quotations because sleep is relevant to a mom with a newborn), I think about June 6th (not only my baby girl's 4th birthday, but Nate's graduation from Pastor's College) and for a moment get this anxious feeling like it will be here when I wake up. I am so excited to be back home in MN, back in our own little house, back with our dear friends and church family, but I still desire so many more opportunities with our new friends here, more chances to pull from the amazingly gifted and wise people God has surrounded us with, time to savor the most stretching and most beautifully amazing season of my life...
Lord, there are no words sufficient to express the gratitude I have for your sovereignty. Your leading is PERFECT. Help me to rest these last months knowing that ALL that YOU have planned for us will come to past if we trust in you. Help me not to get in the way, help me to yield to you daily, that I may look back on June 6th and joyously say I have no regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment