Saturday, June 5, 2010

PC Graduation - TOMORROW!!




Tomorrow night, Nate will graduate from Sovereign Grace Pastor's College ...

I am in COMPLETE amazement at how quickly this 10 months has gone by. But even more than that, amazed at ALL that has taken place in the midst of this 10 months. It seems like 10 years of growth happened while we were here in Maryland. I have said this many times, but this TRULY has been one of the most challenging, but also one of the sweetest years of my life! In fact, I would even go as far as to say possibly the best year of my life so far.

There is so much that I want to write right now, so many things I want to testify of, but I don't even know how to articulate them all at this point. Maybe I will have to do some flashbacks when I get home and settled back in to our little house on North Bay Drive :).

Thank you Oasis Church for sending us here ... tears ... I am overwhelmed by your generosity and selflessness. That you would allow us to have a year such as this ... my marriage will never be the same ... the way I parent and love my children will never be the same ... by God's grace I pray that I will be a better friend and servant to you all through what I have learned and observed in the lives and teachings of these precious saints & brothers and sisters here. I have learned to trust Jesus more, seeing his sovereign plans for us and this SPECIFIC year. How at the beginning it didn't make sense, sending me, 7 months pregnant with 2 very small children to the other side of the US, to make a new/temporary home for 10 months. To give Nate to a rigorous school schedule during one of the most intense seasons of my motherhood. But I now see. My faith has been strengthened and I have seen afresh God's kindness and goodness, the PERFECT plans that he has for his children. Plans for good and not evil. The scripture from Ephesians 3 just came to mind and I think I shared this the Sunday we left. And 10 months later it holds so much more weight than it did then. My affection and desire to be with you all is greater and my view of the vastness of God and ALL that is provided for us through His Son and the gospel is even deeper. So I will leave you with that, because who can say it better than God Himself? :)

    Ephesians 3:14-21 "14 For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, 16 that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, 19 and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen."

2 comments:

  1. I can not WAIT until our 3rd annual July get together! I am so looking forward to hearing about your year at the PC and all that the Lord has done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't wait to download with you guys either! TRULY we have been blessed beyond our deserving to have had this year at PC! Love you guys and we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete