Friday, October 8, 2010

Part 1: 1st stop - Gooseberry Falls!

This was out very 1st "family vacation" (we took it at the end of Aug, but i'm just getting to the posts now). We stayed 3 days in one of our favorite places, Duluth, MN (which is about 2 and a half hours north of us, right on Lake Superior).

Our 1st stop was Gooseberry Falls (about 30 mins past Duluth, but with the good weather that day and rain in the forecast, we knew we needed to go there 1st). It was an unseasonably hot day, of course it was when I was getting ready to a lug 24+ lb kid on my back! The kids loved it and were champs, we hiked quite a ways too! Realizing that "vacations" with small children are a labor love love, not lot's of relaxing. But I pray that it was many priceless memories made for the kids - I know it was for Nate and I.











No comments:

Post a Comment