Friday, June 17, 2011

Motherhood as a Mission Field

I HAD to post a link to this article. It rocked my world and is full of so much truth for mom's who are weary. This article found me in God's perfect timing and when I was feeling extremely weary as a mom.

I had a rough day with the kids, and feeling very "unsuccessful", I climbed into bed, I pulled up http://www.girltalkhome.com/ on my phone and found this article posted there. It convicted me to the core, but filled me with such hope and refreshment - like wind in my sails! I closed my eyes and went to sleep. Little did I know that at 3:50am, Calvin would wake up with wet sheets from a leaky bottle (yes, he is 20 months old and STILL not sleeping through the night), Sophie would then simultaneously wake up as we are changing the said sheets to announce an accident of her own, and after we got the two sets of sheets changed and kids back to bed, Chason would wake up because he couldn't find his cup ... and Cal screamed and wouldn't go back to sleep. And didn't take his usual morning nap. And I laid in bed in tears completely at a loss. Then I remembered this article...

Psalm 103:14 "For He knows our frame, he remembers that we are dust." Thankful for such a compassionate Father who is faithful to meet us perfectly in our weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment