Friday, August 21, 2009

I do NOT have a Minnesotan accent!


Ok, so I guess living in MN for 11 and a half years it is ok to give into the fact that I have traded my California valley girl slang ("like, oh my gosh!") and have now adapted, "dont'chya know", to the long drawn out "O's" of Minnesooota. Not proud, but i'll accept it, LOL!

That's what happens when you get with a group of people from all over the U.S. , they kindly point out things like this :). We had our 1st official event of the PC year, our Ladies Luncheon, yesterday. It was so wonderful to finally meet face to face all of these women I have been facebooking or whose family's pictures I have been staring at on my fridge for the last several months. I came home trying to explain to Nate what an amazing afternoon I had and couldn't even speak I was so choked up (No! Hilary, choked up??). But really, I am realizing more and more how blessed and priviledged I am to be a part of something like this and am humbled that Jesus has our family here, for this specific season.

Betsy Ricucci said many things that stuck with me yesterday - I quickly learned I never want to be without note taking supplies when I am around her - but one that hit me, "This year will never happen again". We will never do this Pastors College thing again. Oh how my heart aches at the thought of missed opportunities and regrets being had at the end of this year. If it was up to me, that would happen, but I am thankful for his grace that it isn't.

Matt 6:8 says "...for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." And Romans 8:32 says "He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he also not with him graciously give us all things?" I am clinging to these verses this year, ever grateful that he knows our hearts, our sin and our shortcomings. We are so undeserving, yet through his Son, Jesus, he graciously gives us all things! We serve a mighty, merciful and GRACIOUS God! So looking forward to what this next year holds - Orientation tomorrow, then Nate's 1st day of school Monday - we're really doing this thing!!

1 comment:

  1. Sooooo, you DO have an accent!!!??!! LOL Too funny :)
    What a fantastic way the ladies of SGM welcomed you all last week. I'm very happy for you and it blesses me to know how the Lord is blessing you during this season.
    I'm sure you and Nate will take advantage of the opportunities given to you throughout this year, cherish it, journal all that you can. It's gonna be amazing!
    "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places..." Eph 1:3

    Love you!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete