Friday, August 28, 2009

Our CRAZY kids, changing every day ...




...which I guess can be both good and bad :). I shouldn't say bad, just a constant challenge for mom and dad, which in essence is good because it is pushing us towards Jesus more and uncovering our desperate need for his grace and help in our parenting these 2 (soon to be 3) very active kids (yes, I am already experiencing the constant activity of baby boy in my belly, don't think he sleeps - at least not at night!).


Nate began school on Monday and that very same day, Chason decided that he no longer wanted to take his morning naps - sigh. Though, since the day we arrived in MD, he has been sleeping through the night all on his own (before he would still wake up at least once, usually twice at night - I think him being in his own room is a big contributing factor to the change). He grows crazier and more daring every day, seriously ALL boy! And he is usually wearing proof of it on his forehead in the form of a bruise - one clears up and he's climbing and jumping off of something else to replace it. He's starting to say more words, his newest phrase is "look at that, look at that!" It's hilarious. And he loves puppies, so anything that looks remotely like a dog, or if he hears one bark, he'll point and exclaim "look at that pup-pup!" It's really the cutest.

Sophie is still facing some challenges adjusting to the move. It will be 1 month we've been here on Weds, and I still have battles getting her to bed. Her new thing is to sneak into our room in the middle of the night with her pillow and all of her blankets and to sleep in our doorway. I've let her do it, but I am starting to put her back into her bed, I just don't want this habit to be something she is still doing when the baby comes in a couple months. Aside from that, and some potty training reverting issues, I am trying to discern if the attitudes, behaviors, etc. are "adjustment" related or if it's just "3" - which I am finding WAAAAY more challenging than 2 ever was.

Though she did show us a glimmer of hope the other day, really, God in his goodness and grace towards Nate and I showed us - but we were eating dinner and out of the blue she looks at me and says "sorry, I forgive you for pushing you, I forgive you..." and at first we were puzzled, then I remembered that morning when she woke up she was very grouchy and I went to see her when Nate was holding her on the couch and she kicked at me and pushed me away. So I asked "you're sorry for when you pushed mommy on the couch?" and she said "yes, sorry, I forgive you." Nate and I just looked at each other and my eyes welled up with tears and I told her that I forgave her :). Especially struck me that the incident had happened 8 hours earlier and still she remembered and felt the need to ask forgiveness (in her own little way). So though I may have tough days and feel like I am failing as a mom at times, Jesus is still at work in my little girl's heart despite me. SO thankful for that!

1 comment:

  1. hey friend!
    i found your blog through your facebook page! Love it!!! I'm praying you all feel better soon. Your kids are way too adorable and you are doing an amazing job with them. I'm happy to be your neighbor this year!
    love,
    helen

    ReplyDelete