Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Mom's Visit

(Today is actually my Mom's birthday - Happy Birthday Mom! - so how fitting that I am finally putting up this post ... )
It had been over a year since we had seen my mom - the last time we saw her was when she came out to MD when we had Cal in Oct 09. This was my first visit with mom when I wasn't recovering from having a baby, so it was wonderful to be able to actually do things with her & not be exhausted & emotional - though the wknd she was here we had a blizzard which was reported to be the largest snowfall in 20 years here in MN (ranking #5 or #6 in history I think)! We did get out 1 day to the Minneapolis Institute of Art (mom is an artist & i've always wanted to go take her there. Though next time maybe without a 4, 2 & 1 year old in tow, lol!). But we hunkered down, blared Christmas music all wknd and made Christmas cookies, she brought supplies for the kids to make cards, got out 1 day in feet of snow for a "girl's lunch" at Leeann Chin (that was about as far as we could drive on practically unplowed roads). But the highlight was seeing her and my crazy girl literally playing IN the blizzard! Precious & fun memories made. SO thankful that we had that time with "Nani" - the kids are still talking about it :).







No comments:

Post a Comment