Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nate's "Vacation" & My "Staycation"

A couple months ago Southwest Airlines was having a killer sale on airfare. Being that we hadn't gotten to go home to visit either of our families this past year with PC & the move back home, we decided that we would each individually go home to AZ & CA. I would bring Cal with me since he has never been to CA & still hasn't met any of my siblings (not to mention he is the only one of the kids that can still fly for free - this trip will happen in Feb) & Nate would go home to AZ on his own in Jan. Well, his sister Charity talked him into surprising his Mom & Dad and bringing Cal along, and I am so glad he did! Glad because it was such a blessing to his family to have Caly-boy with them (his last trip to AZ he was only 2 mos old!) and also glad because I actually had somewhat of a "staycation" here at home with only 2 kids.

I didn't realize how nice it would be with only 2. It was fun to be able to just sit with them and watch a movie & eat popcorn without needing to tend to Cal who would never allow that to happen :). And I even got time to bring Chason to toddler story time at the library while Sophie had a playdate at our neighbor's house, also something I have never been able to do with Cal in tow. I also enjoyed 4 nights of 5+ consecutive hours of uninterrupted sleep - GLORIOUS! But, with that said, there was something missing in our house not hearing that constant growling sound coming from Calvin or seeing that big slobbery smiley face & those blue eyes. And we sure did miss daddy too, especially Chason who would run to the garage door looking for him every time I happened to open it and would cry "daddy change my biaper!" every time I had to change him :). Here are some pics from Nate & Cal's trip to AZ ...





2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog again. I miss you all!! The kids are getting so big. Say hello to everyone for me. :D

    ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you Ellie!! I just came across your comment :). You my dear, look absolutely beautiful in your new pics on your blog - very grown up, and no more braces, yeah! I am amazed every time I see your new pics, such a gift you have, and it's grown even more over the past year. I pray that you are well, give my love to your mom too!

    ReplyDelete