Monday, November 16, 2009

1 month already - thy will be done!

Today Calvin is 1 month old! It has gone by so fast. Partly because his 1st week of life was pretty much spent in the hospital (he had jaundice and we had to go back after being home for 2 days for 2 more days to treat it), and also we had my mom here for a week to help and then Nate's mom was here for 10 days after that helping as well. That was a HUGE blessing!

Now that all of the help is gone, reality is setting in that I am a mom of 3! I am the one manning these 3 children 3 years old and under all day long. No more help with laundry, no one to get the kids lunch while I take care of Cal crying, no one to wipe my 3 year old's bottom or save my 17 month old from breaking his arm jumping off of the stairs while I am in the middle of nursing the baby - I get to figure that all out on my own, lol! But God's grace is SOOO apparent and once again, as has been the mantra of this year, it's another opportunity to trust in Jesus and lean into him and the Word of God. It is HIS kindness that brings us these seasons. I was reminded of this today when I opened my journal and came across a recent devotional. This is a passage from Susannah Spurgeon's devotional "Free Grace and Dying Love":

Matthew 6:10 "Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven."
"... how wise should we be, if with joyful certainty, we accepted each unfolding of his will as proof of his faithfulness and love! When once I, as a believer, can say from my heart, 'this is the will of God concerning me', it matters not what the 'this' is - whether it be a small domestic worry, or the severance of the dearest earthly ties - the fact that it is his most blessed will, takes all the fierce sting out of the trouble, and leaves it powerless to hurt or hinder the peace of my soul."

And now, I hear the baby crying upstairs, Chason is plugging and unplugging the light and Sophie is whining at my side and just flung my journal and all of it's contents onto the office floor ... thy will be done :). Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment