Sunday, November 29, 2009

Date Night in DC

For our belated 8th anniversary date night we went to DC! Nate set it all up and the Dufrin's graciously served us by taking all 3 of our kids, so no baby Calvin tagging along! It was our 1st time leaving him, but he was in very good hands :).

I had no idea we were going there until we got into the car. All Nate had told me was that we would be doing some walking outside. I was beyond thrilled when I found out, I had never been to DC before! We had reservations at Old Ebbitt Grill (est in 1859, across the street from the National Treasury building and The White House) at 8:30pm, so we power walked about 2 miles before dinner to see all that we could see - here are some pics (in random order b/c it's late and I am getting frustrated trying to cut and past them in order b/c I keep loosing pics - i'll perfect this art of blogging one day, just not when i'm sleep deprived, lol!). Thanks again Sandy & Moriah for loving on our kids and caring for them, and thank you Nate for making our 8th such a memorable one ...














2 comments:

  1. Fun pics - I laughed when I saw the Caribou picture - such a rare treat out east! Looks like you are having a great year out there, I've loved reading your blog. Scott preached at our church yesterday so it was fun to chat with him and Angela about you guys! Miss you guys! In case you haven't heard, we're pregnant again :) due June 9th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Hannah!! That is SO exciting :). I hadn't heard, I will have to let Nate know. Love you guys - keep us posted on the pregnancy - are you gonna find out this time if it's a boy or a girl?

    ReplyDelete