Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Push-Ups and Touch-Downs

Each week there is a painful (or joyful, depending on what end you are on) display for the guys in my class. At the beginning of the year, each guy had to claim their following of 2 football teams, 1 - College Team, and 2 - Pro-Team. On Tuesday morning when we start class, we must be aware how our team did that weekend, and if your team lost you must do 20 push-ups (if both teams lost, this means 40!).

I has been a joy to watch the Dallas Cowboys win, and I am rooting for the Texas Longhorns, so my participation has been encouraging the other guys toward good form as they sweat!

Sophie is already my big football fan. She roots and cheers with us. She drew this football out of her head (we are discovering she is quite the artists). Last week, when the Cowboys were playing, we had just scored a touchdown - I lifted my arms, giving the appropriate referee signal - "Touch-Down!". Sophie looking at me confused, unclear on what I was saying and what my hand motions were communicating.... she honestly responded... "Daddy, no, not touch-down... that is 'touch-up'".

No comments:

Post a Comment